WE’RE HIRING MEMBER ADVISORS
What does a member advisor do?
Start a career where you can innovate, join employee network groups and further your education—all while getting long weekends off and even getting paid to make a difference in your community.
Our Member Advisors are the first people to offer advice and support to our members. By asking thoughtful financial questions, our Member Advisors discover the services and products (or sometimes just simple answers) that let members know that we care about their future.
A MEMBER ADVISOR’S DAY
- Growing member relationships by creating positive experiences that maintain and deepen financial relationships;
- Talking to members about their financial goals and providing solid advice;
- Helping members understand and use digital banking tools;
- Answering questions, addressing concerns and processing transactions;
- Working collaboratively with a team of colleagues and partners;
- Providing product and service solutions to financial needs that fit members’ life stage, and/or referring to experts at First West;
- Participating in volunteer opportunities through employee network groups or community investment initiatives with your colleagues;
- Furthering your education and personal well-being through courses, programs and learning opportunities.
A CAREER THAT FITS YOUR LIFE
Having a predictable daytime work schedule gives you the power to balance your career with the things that matter you. If you want the freedom to make plans – like Sunday brunches with your friends – or set a routine – like early morning gym workouts – our Member Advisor role may be right for you!
THE PERKS OF WORK
Your work is valued and rewarded with a competitive base wage plus performance-based incentives. You’ll have the opportunity to receive annual pay increases awarded by merit, as well as a choice of flexible benefits that support your priorities.
We know time off is important. That’s why we offer annual vacation time plus a flexible day off you can take when you need it. Couple this with our socially-conscious perks, like three paid days off every year to volunteer for causes you care about, and you’ll have plenty of time for recharging, reconnecting and adventure.
As an employee, your personal well-being and financial health is supported with special Banking Advantages, like discounted rates on loans, products and transactions – including your mortgage. You can also take advantage of an employee-only interest-free “Live Well Loan” so you can invest in your own health through purchases of home gym equipment, a bicycle or even a hot tub!
POTENTIAL TO GROW
You can take your Member Advisor career in any direction. Many of our managers, leaders and employees in specialized roles began on the front line of our business.Our award-winning on-boarding program will make sure you’re ready from day one in your new role, including providing certification and training. From there, we empower you to develop new skills through in-house programs, external learning experiences, job shadowing and mentoring—all to support you in developing the career that gives you purpose.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
BECOMING A MEMBER ADVISOR
We are keen to talk to Canadians who have completed high school and have experience in a post-secondary program and/or customer service experience.
Tell us how you can build strong relationships with members and colleagues, and how you would be able to identify needs and recommend products and services to our members. As a busy and growing credit union, we often experience change, so let us know how your positivity and flexibility has helped you thrive in the past.